Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday

Kane has adapted well to the new regimen. In the morning, he doesn't even ask for food anymore unlike the previous routine of a chicken wing as soon as I got up. It seems Kane has strong bladder and can hold his urine all day, despite having a morning drink.







This morning, I left Kane to go to the city for a replacement computer (the three-year old Toshiba laptop completely stopped working, and the nine-year old Compaq laptop was an interim measure, working for only an hour at a time before freezing and needing to be restarted). Hence, the recent photos being posted to Kane's blog courtesy of Apple MacBook (but where are the PgUp and PgDn keys?).

Kane was content looking out the front through the screen door. He was actually by the hallway when I left and when I returned, he was near the front door. Later, I left him to walk to the shops. I still miss our walks to the shops together.

When I returned, Kane seemed content. He even tried to muster a bark. Good dog!

Before dinner, Kane walked down the steps for a wee and poo. He tends to be able to go by himself, but I like to help him by lifting his hips on the last step to soften the impact of landing on the ground. On the way back up, Kane was fine, though I stood behind him gave him a little lift of his hips. Just gentle guidance really.

Kane is also used to the smaller quantity of food for dinner too, mostly protein and then he takes his time with the dry food.

I think Kane is fairly stable and he is content so perhaps it is best to let him be with the new treatment.

1 comment:

batik billy said...

Hi Daniel - thanks for sending me the link - poor puppy indeed, but its good that he seems to be doing better. I'm heading to sydney for christmas - jings family - I might see if I can try and head down to visit you and kane. will you be around?