Sunday, December 13, 2009

sluggish Sunday, no vegetables please

Kane was very unsettled last night and I woke in the middle of the night to hear him panting heavily. Poor puppy, he must have been in pain again. I went to him and stroked his head, which relaxed him as his breathing changed to a slower pace. Then I whispered to Kane to lie down and he did so.

Today was a warm day. Usually, temperatures above 33 degrees Celsius affect Kane, but today was only 31.6 degrees C and it made him rather sluggish. Kane did walk as it suited him, having a drink of water. He also walked down and then up the deck steps twice (in the mid-morning and then mid-afternoon) to do a wee. Of course, I guided Kane but with the afternoon up-step, he didn't want to climb so I had to lift him. Poor puppy.

Later this afternoon, Kane waited enthusiastically in the kitchen while I cut up his dinner of diced raw lamb chops and cooked zucchini and green beans. When it was dinner time, Kane didn't have much of an appetite. Thankfully, he finished it a few hours later. I thought perhaps he couldn't chew anymore, but he may have been less keen on the zucchini, which I removed and he didn't finish the beans.





Poor puppy. He seems so tired. His urine is also very yellow, which usually means it is concentrated, though with Kane's diabetes inspidus, it was always clear, so I suspect that the medication is affecting his kidneys.

We are taking each day as it comes, one day at a time. Kane's prospects are up and down like a yo-yo, which is not good.

No comments: