Tuesday, August 18, 2009

RIP Dusty

Poor puppy. Kane was very sore last night and had difficulty standing up. I had to lift him up to his feet from where he was lying in the dining room and lead him to his sleeping spot.

This morning before I went to work, I took Kane out the front, mainly so he could do his pee and poo. Then I left him inside to keep him safe.

I returned home from work a little late (about 20 minutes) as I visited the pharmacy on the walk back for another supply of Kane's Desmopressin. The previous bottle was dated 17 March 2009, so it lasted awhile.

After I was home, we went on our walk around the small block in reverse. As we neared home, Kerry from the house across the road came over to say that Dusty the Kelpie had suffered a heart attack and died. Poor Dusty, he was 14 but suffered from many ailments. When Dusty was out in his yard, Kane always liked to go across to say hello.

Here is an old photo of Dusty from 16 March 2008.

No comments: