Wednesday, August 19, 2009

double surprise

Kane is much better with his joints, but I am still cautious.

This morning, before I went to work, I took him out the front again so he could do his pee and poo. We said hello to Jane next door who was driving out on her way to work, and Kane nearly did a dump on her nature strip.

Anyway, instead of keeping Kane indoors, I left him on the deck with a bone, which he seemed to prefer.

I surprised Kane in the early afternoon, coming home as a colleague had to go home during the lunch break and lives nearby. Kane was safely asleep on the deck. Still, I woke him up and took him out the front for a pee and then left him inside.

The second surprise was that I returned home from work much earlier than usual as the same colleague had to leave work early, so I took the offer of a ride.

The late afternoon with much daylight was a great time to go on a walk, so Kane and I walked around the small block and stopped to talk to two different people on the way - one a neighbour who lives seven houses up and another who was a work colleague.

As Kane is walking less, I have cut down on the size of his dinner. The extra that I was giving him - sardines, boiled eggs etc has helped him to fill out a little bit.

No comments: