Monday, August 17, 2009

bad day

Poor puppy, today wasn't a good day at all.

In the mornings our usual routine is - I give Kane his chicken wing for breakfast, then I let him out and off the deck to pee etc. Kane was fine this morning going down and up the deck steps.

This afternoon, after I returned home from work I found Kane lying at the bottom of the deck steps. Poor puppy, I don't know how long he had spent there. He must have had difficulty climbing and stopped. Thankfully he hadn't fallen and caught his back leg(s) in the gaps. I had built a ramp, but Kane refused to use it - probably not wide enough and I will need to reconsider another way.

Anyway, no bones appeared to be broken and Kane was able to walk although very slowly, so we went on the small block walk to stretch his legs.

Poor puppy, he is on an old age decline. If he is a person in equivalent human years, he would be aged between 90 and 100 and in a wheelchair.

No comments: