Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday and RIP Buddy

This morning, after I gave Kane his bone, he nibbled on it a bit. Later he went out to the yard to go for a wee but took his bone as far as the steps and dropped it there, so I put it back on the deck. After I had locked up the back, I stayed behind peering through the kitchen window to see if he was settled. Poor puppy, he went to do a wee and then returned to the deck, looking for me through the glass of the back door. He does miss me.

I returned late from work. I went straight from work to the city to meet Jon, who was in town with his work and we had dinner. I didn't get home until 8pm. I gave Kane his dinner straight away, about an hour later than usual.

Unfortunately, Kane didn't have much of an appetite and only ate one third of his dinner. I hope it wasn't from being anxious that I hadn't returned in time. At that hour, Kane should have been quite hungry. The concern now is that he had ingested the Metacam medication (anti-inflammatory and pain reliever) but on an emptier stomach, it could upset his stomach or make him nauseous.

Not a good development.

We also found out that Buddy the Fox Terrier who has visited and stayed over a few times, died today aged 10. He had been taking steroids for nerve damage. Buddy was a great dog.

No comments: