Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday evening excitement

Poor puppy. Just like yesterday, I left him inside today while I was at work. The electricity supply was interrupted at some stage last night as well (or early in the morning) so the heater's timer was off kilter and didn't turn on as it normally does every morning. It also meant I was an hour late getting up and going to work. Poor puppy, he may have thought I was going to stay home.

I returned home from work with Pauly Worley who walked back with me. I rang the door bell and Kane was standing up right behind the door. I wonder whether Kane is alert the entire time when left indoors, just sitting up waiting for my return.

Anyway, Pauly gave me a second opinion about the deck steps and came up with a completely different idea to what I had in mind. It was also a good suggestion making use of what I already have. Then Pauly continued home.

Afterwards, Kane and I went on our walk around the small block. We called past Glen and Janey next door and said hello to Poppy the Kelpie puppy. Glen said to return after the walk to discuss the deck steps.

After the walk, I took Kane home and left him looking out through the screen door, then went to see Glen. On our way back, Kane barked. Good dog! Glen checked out the steps and the plank of wood (the failed ramp) and agreed with Pauly's suggestion, so we returned to his place as he had an electric saw.

After Glen cut the wood, we returned and Kane barked again. Good dog again! Glen brought over some wood glue and a nail gun and put the pieces into place. The deck steps are now less hazardous to Kane. Basically, we covered the steps with new wood so that there are now no gaps that used to be a problem whenever Kane lost his balance and slipped.

While leaving Kane inside was more safe, it would have been very boring for him not being able to see people walking past the drive way.

No comments: