Friday, July 17, 2009

when the short walk takes longer

I was off work today to try and recover from a nasty virus.

This afternoon, Kane and I went on our walk. It was the double small block walk. It took 30 minutes and was very slow. Poor puppy, his arthritis seems to be getting worse. Hopefully he'll get better soon once the medication settles.

Afterwards, Lola and I went on our walk. It was the big block walk. We met a Rottweiler on the way, who was very friendly. On the way back we met the very overweight black Labrador Lil and the blue and red heelers (Australian cattle dogs) Kosi and Jeanie. I had to re-establish rules and boundaries like the other day - not allowing Lola to walk in front - and we had a very good structured and disciplined walk at my pace. The walk took under 30 minutes.

No comments: