Saturday, July 18, 2009

pack walk

Poor Kane, I walked to the shops without him as it is too strenuous a walk for him these days. I thought about taking Lola, but I wasn't sure how she would behave being tied up outside the shops.

We went on a pack walk together in the late afternoon along the double small block. On the way, Poppy the Kelpie puppy came outside her house (next door) to say hello. Then we continued. Separate walks would have been a better idea. Lola was very defiant to being led and on some five or six occasions stood her ground when I insisted that she not walk in front of me. Previous disciplined walks obviously worked better without a bigger pack.

Anyway, it was a rather slow walk with Kane's slow pace and Lola's defiance, taking nearly 40 minutes over such a short distance.

It was a good idea at the time.

No comments: