Wednesday, July 15, 2009

single walks on the double, then triple

After I returned home from work, Kane and I went on our walk around the double small block. It was quite a good walk actually as Kane picked up his pace half way. The walk took under 20 minutes.

Afterwards, I left Kane guarding by the front door while Lola and I walked the second shift. We saw a Border Collie run past (and Kane's barks of acknowledgement), who then turned around to say hello. They continued on the right and Lola wanted to follow, but I wouldn't allow her and led her in the opposite direction, so she promptly sat down in protest. It didn't take her long to agree and we walked the triple small block. It was a great walk actually - disciplined and on a short leash. I refused to let Lola walk ahead and stood in front facing her every time she tried. Eventually she agreed to walk beside me at my pace, so I kept the pace at a more relaxing one. It took 25 minutes. It was such a great walk with the leash loose that I even forgot she was beside me. Good dog!

After the first dose of the Metacam with dinner last night, Kane still has a good appetite. Loss of appetite is a side effect of that medication. It will take a few more days to be fully effective. Hopefully it won't be a problem.


(eventually, Lola took over the mat)

No comments: