Thursday, January 29, 2009

canine cooling

Poor puppy. We didn't go on a walk today. This morning, even Kane was still asleep when I woke up in the morning and it wasn't early enough for a sunrise walk.

As the heatwave continued, I left Kane indoors when I went to work.

CQ came over after work for beers and an early dinner of barbecued steak. Kane had his own steak later but it was diced and raw, mixed in with raw chicken hearts and a cooked brown rice/cabbage/carrot mix. Even in this heat, Kane still has a very hearty appetite. He barked from the deck a few times but I didn't check out the passersby.

Kane now has his own floor fan, which I move to wherever he chooses to lay. Installing air conditioning just for four weeks of hot weather every year is a bit silly, but tempting.

No comments: