Saturday, December 27, 2008

a busy and exciting day, but we forgot something

Today was an interesting day full of excitement.

It was meant to be a warm day today, so I gave Kane a bath in the morning. This time, he preferred to sit through most of it instead of standing up, so I had to say "up" to shampoo his belly area.



Afterwards, it ended up being a cooler day - overcast with rain clouds, so I distracted Jazz with a bone on the deck while Kane and I walked to the shops the short way. When we arrived we saw Nellie, who was really excited to see Kane. We had not seen her for many months, not having walked to Macquarie oval.



When I had finished in the supermarket, I walked out to a huge thunderstorm with heavy rain. Thankfully, there was a break in the storm and Kane and I walked home the short way.

In the afternoon, a pay-TV salesman knocked on the door (rang the door chime) and both Jazz and Kane barked. In the end, I took up the offer - it worked out cheaper than buying DVDs regularly and I wanted the sports channels for the football. While the salesman was here, Therese from two doors up also rang the door chime, but Jazz and Kane had used up their door bark and were silent! In any case, Kane knows Therese.

After the salesman left, Therese stayed for a cup of tea.

It has been raining on and off for the rest of the day and evening, so we didn't go on any more walks. Poor Jazz.

Unfortunately, in all the excitement of the day and forgetting what day of the week it is, we forgot Kane's vet appointment! Early Monday morning it will have to be.

No comments: