Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday

This has turned into the most boring weekend.

This morning we went on the shop walk just like yesterday. Today, the trash n' treasure market was on, so we walked around the outside of that (it is in the carpark). There were a lot of city rangers about for some reason. As we left the area, walking in the counter clockwise direction outside the complex, a ranger started chatting away commenting that Kane looked like an old dog. The ranger also took a closer look at Kane's collar.

Thank goodness I had chased up Kane's registration tag a few weeks ago (I paid online back in March - Kane was previously registered in another state, just across the border where he used to live). Otherwise the ranger could have issued me with an on the spot fine for a few hundred dollars. Thank goodness I was also walking him on a leash, which I normally do where there are lots of people.

On the way home between the woods and the alleys, we bumped into Sherlock the Beagle. Twice in one week! We also met a new dog called Bobby who is a Finnish Lapphund. Both Bobby and Sherlock still have their balls, so their meeting did not go well.

This afternoon, I had planned for us to visit Momo, but I fell asleep on the couch, and then spent a few hours in the front yard heavily pruning the border shrubs shared with next door. After I finished, I had a beer then fell asleep again.

Poor puppy. We didn't have an exciting weekend.

No comments: