Saturday, August 23, 2008

the long and short of the shop walk

This morning was very lazy. I didn't really get up until 9am. Maybe it was closer to 10am. Anyway, the door chime rang and it was Mary walking with Momo. They came in and I gave Mary a coffee and Momo was content to sniff and look at Kane. He's still a silly puppy.

After Mary left, we went on our walk, by which time it was early afternoon. It was the usual walk to the shops, but we took a longer route to get there. After 20 minutes grocery shopping, Kane and I walked around the outside of the shops and then a different route to the green way.

Half way up the green way I spotted another dog on the loose. It was a medium sized dog with a pit bull looking face, so we walked the other way. I don't like coming across dogs without their person. There is no way of telling whether they will be aggressive.

When we returned home, I realised I had forgotten a few things. After an hour and a half rest, we returned on a shorter walk to the shops (in blue). On the way home, the dog on the loose was on the street we were about to walk along, so again, we had to take a detour.

Long walk in red, short walk in blue


In any case, I still forgot something. Ground coffee. I'll have to do with instant tomorrow morning.

Photos from the long shop walk


This evening, we had company for dinner.

No comments: