Sunday, August 24, 2008

going further

Today was mostly a lazy day. I had thought about giving Kane a bath, but he doesn't really need one yet. Kane was content to rest until I called him up for a walk at 4pm. He does get excited when I put on my shoes.

Anyway, not only did we walk to the shops, we went past (firstly meeting another dog there) and continued walking into the next suburb to Aranda oval.

After 30 minutes, we arrived at Aranda oval, where I had hoped there would be a big puppy party. There wasn't, but we met Fergus, a black furred Poodle puppy (14 weeks old) who was very cuddly. We continued walking and met a brown dog without a person, then spotted another oval (two in one place) and we met a blond Labrador called Movee (or Movie) who was four years old and had just moved from South Korea. His people must have been on posting in Seoul and adopted a Korean dog. Movee didn't bark so we were not able to hear if he barked with a Korean accent.

Anyway, we walked back via the shops, where I had to get coffee. Then we continued back along the green way, finally finishing that leg from yesterday.

It was a big walk. Accounting for the time I spent in the supermarket, we must have spent over an hour just walking. Kane just loves his walks, especially being able to go check out the neighbourhood gossip.

No comments: