Tuesday, July 22, 2008

the nose knows

On my way home from work I met Bruno (the chocolate Labrador) who was returning home from his walk so I gave him lots of pats and a cuddle. Then I saw Viva (the blond Labrador) and fussed her as well.

When I returned home, Kane smelt them on my hands and my clothes.

Tonight we went on the big block walk. It was a lovely walk and Kane enjoyed catching up with the messages left by the neighbourhood pooches.



Here is an article about the Australian Customs dog breeding program. Kane would have made a wonderful Customs dog as he has a very acute sense of smell. He knows where there is food.


Every dog has its day … puppies from the Australian Customs Service's breeding centre, which has used genetics to produce exceptional animals.
Photo: Wayne Taylor

No comments: