Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kane-less

Last night was cold so I lifted Kane on to the bed (he's heavy). He only stayed a couple of hours before he hopped off. Keiser used to do that too, and she was a cat. Thankfully Kane is not a lap dog given his size.

I returned home from work early enough for Kane and I walk to Cook oval. When we arrived, it was nearly dark and it seemed from a distance that nobody was there. Thankfully there was still a small puppy party, with Desker and Tully the Shelties, Bosely the Border Collie and Millhouse the Labradoodle there.

We didn't stay long as Kane didn't seem interested in playing and decided to lay down. So up we stood and continued walking. We did the other loop via the green way, but in reverse. It was a brisk walk for 30 minutes apart from the brief rest at Cook oval.

Tonight I tried Kane on fresh chicken giblets for dinner, which he enjoyed.

Margie came over to take Kane back to his family for the weekend, as I will be away in Melbourne for an extended weekend.

Even though Kane doesn't bark much, it is a bit quiet without him as I talk to him a lot and sing songs to him. And he likes to be near me and keep me in his sight.

Kane's tails will be taking a break until Monday or Tuesday.

1 comment:

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

izzit monday yet?
hi daniel an kane.
how u doin?
luv--jh
we hadda viziter frum sowth africa ... i wunder if u sownd sumwut like him. he diden't like me or mi brudderz.