Thursday, April 24, 2008

w00t, a puppy party

I was home early today as Sue B gave me a lift and came to visit. We went to Cook oval and there was a puppy party in session - with Desker and Tully the Shelties, and three new friends, Kel a blond Labrador, Ruby a Cocker Spaniel and Margot a fluffy something.

A Beagle called Sherlock soon arrived to whom Kane took a real liking. Though I suspect that because Sherlock still had balls, Kane was keen to exert his dominance as top dog in the pecking order.



As we departed, we met Molly the black Labrador on her way to the oval. She was very playful. Despite his occasional limp, Kane did not have any trouble on the walk and running after Sherlock. Instead, he exhibited signs of deafness by ignoring my requests for him to come and to leave Sherlock.

Kane enjoys laying on the kitchen floor when I am preparing food. Here, he is waiting for his dinner.





While Kane mostly takes his meals on the deck (porch), I occasionally let him eat in the kitchen. Tonight he had leftover roast pork and roast vegetables. Of course, he also had some dry food, but on the deck.

No comments: