Sunday, March 9, 2008

the bestest day, and it's not even midday yet

Today is another Kane Day.

Early this morning, Kane and I walked to the shops. There was a local market on - Jamison Trash and Treasure, but dogs were not allowed in. I went into the shops for canned dog food and tied Kane to the usual seat. There was a lady who ranted and raved and asked me to tie Kane somewhere else (she pointed at bollards, but they are not practical; the sign posts are too close to the road). In any case, I pointed out other empty seats to her and stood my ground. Anyway, there were other friendly ladies who patted him, including one who sat with him on the seat.

After I finished shopping, we walked around the outside of the shops again. Then on the way home, I decided we should visit the Belconnen fresh food markets. It was a bit further than the distance home.

We had a lot of fun at the markets. I took Kane into the pet store there and we looked around inside. I asked them for some water for Kane first.

Kane saw Splat, the resident cat. At one point Splat wandered over really close to Kane to smell his fur. Kane smelled all the packets of dog biscuits there. The staff gave him treats and he went up to other customers who gave him pats. There were two fluffy little puppies there and Kane said hello to one, who was terribly excited. The staff being so kind, compelled me into investing in a new stainless steel non-slip bowl for Kane's dog biscuits, some Science Diet Light tins, and some doggie treats.

Afterwards, I left him tied to a seat in the piazza area of the markets while I went in and returned out from a different entrance/exit to sneak up on him.



It was such an exciting outing, and all before midday!

No comments: