Wednesday, February 27, 2008

the perfect walk

I usually leave Kane on the deck when I go to work, with a dried smoked pig's ear or a good piece of bone, which take some time to eat as a distraction when I leave.

When I return from work, I open the back door and Kane always seems happy to see me, assuming that is what his wagging tail means.

This evening, we walked to Macquarie oval. There were two small dogs on leads along the way, so Kane went up to them and said hello to one, but the other dog was a bit tense so their person pulled him or her away. Kane just sat there. He is so gentle.

At the oval, Ripley and Vinnie were already there. I gave Ripley some of Kane's dried liver treats. We also met a Belgian Shepherd called Sam who loved fetching her ball on a rope. Kane and I sat on the ground watching Colleen (person of Ripley and Vinnie) play catch with the three dogs. He enjoys watching.

It made up for yesterday.

No comments: