Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday

Kane slept out on the deck last night. It was quite late and I called Kane in for bedtime, but he was content laying in his usual napping spot. This morning, Kane had moved closer to the back door.

Today was a warm day and ended up being warmer than forecast. When I returned home from work, Kane was laying in his usual cool spot under the bathroom window. I left Kane to make his own way inside while I put away supplies from the market. Poor puppy hadn't moved when I went back outside, so I had to help him to stand up.

Tonight, Kane had fresh fish for dinner. It was nearly a whole deep sea bream (without the head - about 500g) poached and served with bones removed along with diced carrots and zucchini. Protein plus!

Later tonight, Kane was laying by his inside water bowl but had trouble standing up, so I helped him up. I was filled with dread that he had lost the use of his hind legs. Thankfully, after an hour of resting, he managed to stand up by himself and go outside, to the deck then down the steps to wee, then return up the steps. Poor puppy, he can still manage, but it isn't easy anymore.

No comments: