Wednesday, November 4, 2009

mid-week non-adventures

Kane is certainly gnawing his way through his collection of marrow bones. I sometimes wonder if perhaps he has a calcium deficiency, but he does eat a whole chicken wing for breakfast six times a week.

When I returned home from work today, Kane was asleep or resting on his duvet. As always, Kane showed his happiness in seeing me by nuzzling up to me. Though we didn't go for a walk, Kane laid by the front door and attempted to bark at passersby. Poor puppy, his bark is so weak now. The mind is willing, but the body is ageing. His walking was a lot better today.

To Kane's dinner tonight, I added about 150g of raw beef mince to increase his protein and iron intake.

I made another batch of his dinners tonight but had run out of brown short grain rice so added a cup of raw pasta instead to cook with the kangaroo mince. I also had a terrible day while shopping on Saturday, misreading labels, not being sharp enough in arguing about an over-charged item, and buying two copies of the same newspaper. Not surprising then, that I forgot to get more brown rice.

No comments: