Monday, November 16, 2009

Hot day

With the house back to ourselves, Kane slept in the hall way last night. This morning, he was a little stiff in the joints and had trouble moving off the floor, so I had to help him stand up and then he was able to stretch his legs. Poor puppy, it has only happened on the odd occasion and I hope it remains that way. I am dreading the time when even with my help, Kane will not even be able to stand.

Today was a hot day as forecast. This morning, I took Kane out the front to let him pee and poo and then left him inside the house, to stay cool.

When I returned home from work, Kane appeared not to have moved from the same spot. Poor puppy, he was so patient waiting for me to return home. The first thing he did when I opened the back door was to go out for a pee.

Tonight, Kane is content to lay by the front door and bark occasionally at nobody in particular. I think Kane is just announcing his presence in general and that he is watching.

No comments: