Friday, September 4, 2009

Thursday - early and late

Poor puppy. Thursday was a strange day.

I returned home from work earlier than usual, by an hour. On arriving home, I spotted Kane just walking to the gate to wait for me. After I went inside, Kane had laid down in wait behind the gate. I had to tell him I was already home. Silly puppy. We went on our walk straight away around the small block and after an hour's rest he had an early dinner.



Just after 6.40pm, we had a visitor (Anne) and Kane barked as he went to the door to greet her. Unfortunately, I left with Anne to go to a work trivia night, leaving Kane indoors.

I didn't return home until 12.20am (our team won the competition). When I opened the door, poor puppy was still laying beside the door in alertness. He must have been in the same position for hours waiting patiently, not daring to fall asleep.

I let Kane out to do his pee before sleep but he had trouble climbing the back deck steps and I had to help him. Laying in the same position must have left his joints stiff. It was far too long to leave Kane at his age.

No comments: