Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday shop walk

Kane was very awake this morning. I left the front door open and he barked at passersby and happenings through the screen door. He was also hunkering to go for a walk, so I let him walk to the shops with me in the early afternoon.

We walked the short way there and after we arrived at the shops, we met a friendly black dog, smaller than Kane. After I left Kane at his usual place, I went in, but then bumped into someone from work, so walked out with to show Kane. How timely, as a huge black Newfoundland. He even went up to Kane, who stayed lying down, and dwarfed Kane completely.

After my shop, we walked around the outside of the complex, which Kane always enjoys. We met a King Charles Spaniel called Sooby who was very friendly and had lost his canine companion a week ago. Sooby was happy to see Kane though. On the way back, we met two other black dogs who were tied up and very friendly.

The walk home was very slow. Poor puppy. Perhaps we shouldn't have done the walk around the shops, but it is one of Kane's great pleasures when we meet new canines.

No comments: