Thursday, June 4, 2009

naughtiness

We walked the triple block walk this evening, which is now the default walk.

At the corner of our street and Elizabeth Street is a house with a number of outside cats. The irresponsible residents didn't desex their cat and now they have a brood. Anyway, Kane was unleashed and I usually walk ahead and around that corner he had disappeared. He had walked through their yard towards their house and found a tub of food probably for the the feral cats, which he started eating. Bad dog! I had to express my displeasure Dog Whisperer style with a firm hand poke.

After that naughtiness, Kane was on the leash and we kept walking with greater discipline. I did not allow Kane to stop and sniff as usual and kept him concentrating on walking with his head up at a steady pace.

I need to train Kane to not eat food lying around (when we visit other houses) unless directly offered by establishing some new rules and boundaries. I hope I can teach an old dog new tricks!

No comments: