Wednesday, February 11, 2009

returning to our old stomping grounds

We didn't go on a morning walk today as I needed to get into work earlier. Poor puppy, he was happy with his dried pig ear on the deck, where I left him.

This evening we walked to Macquarie oval the way that we used to go. We went past Tipper and Jack's house to say hello. They had just returned from the oval. We then continued on and arrived at the oval but nobody was there, so we walked around the block instead of cutting through the usual road.

Kane enjoyed returning to old routes and still remembers his way.

When we leave and enter the front door, Kane always waits for me. I always wondered why he would stand at the top of the front steps and wouldn't move until I had stepped off first. Similarly, on return home, he would go inside the house until I had done so first.

From watching Cesar Millan on Dog Whisperer, I can only surmise that Kane considers me to be his pack leader. Woohoo, I'm top dog in the house!

No comments: