Saturday, February 7, 2009

hot hot hot

This morning, Kane and I managed to go on a dawn walk just before sunrise. We left at 6.28am and walked to Cook oval via a loop, and home just as the sun broke over the horizon. It was a good 25 minute outing at the coolest time of the day (20.8 degrees Celsius - 69 degrees F).

Afterwards, I left Kane indoors while I walked to the shops. As I returned (before 9.30am, after being out for 45 minutes), I saw Nell and her person on their walk across the road so I invited them in to visit Kane. Nell was very happy to see Kane. We hadn't seen them for months.



They didn't stay too long, needing to finish their walk before it got too warm.

The rest of the day was indoors and a very hot day reaching 38.8 degrees Celsius (102 degrees F) at 6pm. The inside of the house always seems to stay about 5 degrees cooler.

Other than being a hot day, today was fine - we had a decent morning walk, a visitor, and an evening bark-fest through the screen door at passersby.

It's still quite warm tonight, so we aren't going anywhere.

No comments: