Friday, February 13, 2009

from hot to cold

A week ago, it really hot (39.5 degrees C exactly). Today it was cold (17.2 degrees C).

We didn't go on a morning walk again. I must try and get out of bed earlier in the mornings. Anyway, I left Kane on the deck when I went to work, with another bone. With the heat, I hadn't been giving Kane bones out on the deck, so he's been enjoying having them.

This evening, I had a scare. Kane was very unsteady on his feet and kept on sliding down on the floor when he had his dinner. Later when he went outside he must have fallen or slipped on the steps from the deck and had his leg stuck. I had to carry Kane forward and then lift his leg out. Thankfully Kane was calm. If he had struggled, he would have broken his leg. Poor puppy, I was nearly in tears.

Thankfully Kane walked okay, so we went on an evening walk. It was also to stretch his legs. We walked to Cook oval, calling in to visit our next door neighbour (Glen and Janey) who were in their yard along the way. It was also quite chilly (13.8 degrees C) so we were able to walk at a brisk pace. We walked the abridged distance and then some, returning home in 25 minutes.

Poor puppy, we missed out on a lot of walks because of the hot weather so we will have to rebuild the strength in his legs.

No comments: