Wednesday, February 4, 2009

finally, the big block walk

We were up very early this morning and managed to go on the big block walk from 6.45am to 7.20am. Considering the slower pace as Kane insisted on stopping to smell frequently, we made good time.

Today was also a slight cooler, though warm day, so Kane spent the day outside on the deck, and his cool spot outside of the bathroom.

I was also home earlier today - at 4.30pm. It was very early as I had the afternoon off work to do my taxation stuff with an accountant, and then went home.

Kane was very alert, barking at passersby through the front screen door. His high pitched yips are turning into deeper barks. I wonder if I can get him to growl.

We didn't go on a walk tonight as Emily came over with Jing and we went out to dinner. Then we returned home. Kane liked Jing, who used to be a handler at Customs and worked with a German Shepherd called Ted who had a very good nose for detecting narcotics. I wonder if I can train Kane. Nah.

No comments: