Wednesday, December 17, 2008

a special day

Today was a very special day. It was 17 December last year that Kane arrived, for minding while Margie and her family were away.

The minding finished on 10 February and Kane returned to his family. Fortunately, a week later on 17 February, he returned to me permanently.

Aside from the times I have been away and Kane stayed with his other family, he has been with me ever since. It has been a wonderful year.

We had a rest from walking this morning.

To celebrate the special day, both Kane and I had the same dinner - barbecued fish fillets with mushy boiled carrots and zucchini. He also had dry food afterwards as usual, but I passed sharing that.

We went on our walk later in the night to the shops. It was the short way there and back as there was a light drizzle. We hadn't been on a walk since yesterday morning, which was a decent break in physical activity for Kane.

No comments: