Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jazz visiting

Last night was quite warm and I left Kane out on the deck where it was cooler. At 4am, I awoke to a thunderstorm, so I had to wake Kane to bring him inside. He didn't even notice the thunder.

This morning, Kane barked at the door - it was Jazz the Golden Retriever coming over to stay for a week over Christmas while her people are away. Kane liked her visiting initially, but then lost interest.

We went for a morning walk around the block to calm Jazz down as she started fretting. Later, I gave both of them bones. Strangely, Jazz didn't take hers, but later took Kane's after he lost interest. I then gave Kane another one and left both of them to go to the shops and the markets. Given the inclement weather, it would have been difficult taking both on such a walk.

Early in the afternoon, Kim came over for lunch, bringing my IKEA order of small items. We had chipolatas and bacon cooked on the barbecue with a salad, and then watched a video - Starter for 10.

Dinner time was interesting. I used to think that Kane gobbled his food, but compared to Jazz, he eats slowly. I also had to ensure that Kane ate all his own dinner, given the medication in it.

No comments: