Wednesday, November 26, 2008

mid-week shopping

Poor Kane not. Kane had me all day with him today, in the middle of the week. I still had to work on the insurance claim and was able to get today off work to focus on it, knowing that it would take hours.

I must have needed the day off work as I slept in for a change, which is most unusual. This morning Kane barked while on the dark. Rather than announcing a visitor, I think Kane was just telling me that he was alert.

In the late morning, Kane and went on a walk. Along the way, near home, we bumped into Sherlock the Beagle. Sherlock was much more friendly today. Then we continued on to the markets for Kane's bones and chicken wings. I left him outside the butcher shop while I bought the bone, and then walked over to the chicken shop for the wings.

Afterwards, I remembered the pet store. We spent some time in the shop there walking through the aisles as Kane enjoys smelling all the food and then greeting Splat the resident cat. One of the staff called Chris started chatting about how he loves German Shepherds and gave Kane a big fuss. In fact Kane nudged his head at Chris.



We walked home the same way and Kane had a rest while I sorted through insurance stuff.

Later in the afternoon, we did the regular shop walk. Being the afternoon, I had to leave Kane in a different spot that was shaded.





After a quick shop, we walked around the perimeter and then through the alley way home. We did call on Millhouse on the way through but he wasn't home.

Today was a good day.

No comments: