Tuesday, November 4, 2008

happy Tuesday

We made up for yesterday's boring non-walk day.

Today happened to be a public holiday in Canberra, coincidentally falling on Melbourne Cup Day, which is also a public holiday in metropolitan Melbourne. This meant I was home all day.

In the morning, Kane and I walked to the shops. It was a leisurely stroll off-leash until we approached the shops. Usually, I aim to not spend longer than 30 minutes leaving Kane tied up outside, but today I took longer than usual as I also shopped in a leisurely manner. I eventually found shoe polish.

After the shop, as I had fresh meat and did not bring the cooler bag, we walked straight home the quick way.

Around midday, we had visitors and Kane barked. It was Tim, Toni and their child Phrim passing through on their way back from shopping. They live half a block away. We sat on the deck where I demonstrated the party/fairy lights. Tim reckons it looks like a grotto, as it is all enclosed with vines.

Anyway, Kane paid particular attention to Phrim, notwithstanding the fact that she was eating something. Later, I taught her and sung the happy Tuesday song to Kane. After that, Phrim sung some of her kindergarten/day care songs to Kane. They left after a brief visit so I was back to tidying up.

Late this afternoon, we walked to Cook oval. Along the way, I bumped into a former work colleague and it was good to catch up. At Cook oval, we met a Maltese/Fox Terrier called Belle who was very friendly, and cute too. Melba also appeared with Adam, so it was a very social visit as I was catching up with Adam about our football club. We walked around the oval and then past Melba's place on the way home.

,

No comments: