Sunday, November 9, 2008

the day of barks

Today was a very busy and strange day.

I meant to take Kane on a walk this morning to visit Momo, but decided to do some painting instead - of the side gate and the railing around the front door steps. The painting took longer than I anticipated - the railing took 90 minutes and it was too warm by then to walk.

Kane insisted on supervising me, first by the gate and then on the front steps, before I put him inside the front door.

After I had finished the railing I continued some more with the gate before stopping as it was getting too sunny and warm. While I was painting, Scotch the Dobermann next door started howling. Then Kane started barking and Scotch barked back. Hmmm, I had never heard them have a canine conversation before.

After I was all done with thepainting, Mary came over to check out the house projects and suggest others and then we left to go to the hardware store - I needed coal and lighters for the kettle barbecue and more paint. When Mary arrived, Kane barked at the door. Good dog!

Afterwards, Mary and I returned via her house so she could give me some rosemary. After that, I had other chores such as cleaning the bathroom and lighting the barbecue and preparing dinner.

After the roast lamb and vegetable dinner was in the barbecue, Kane and I went on a walk to Macquarie oval. Unfortunately nobody was there. We are always too early or too late and are missing out on the puppy parties.

Not long after we were back home (the outing was only 20 minutes and we met a Moodle - Maltese Terrier x Poodle called Leo), Therese from two doors up came to visit. Kane barked at her too, and not only that, I didn't even know she was at the door, so Kane was being a good guard. It was only a quick visit as Therese wanted old newspapers for her worm farm.

Later on, we had more visitors, but this time for dinner, and not only that, they (Brian and Jacki) had a dog with them - Tex the Cocker Spaniel.

Tex enjoyed visiting, even if Kane didn't want to play.

No comments: