Friday, July 25, 2008

a bonus day

I was actually supposed to be in Melbourne today, but now not going until tomorrow, so today was a bonus day with Kane as I did not go to work instead. That would have been silly.

Anyway, we went on a midday walk to the shops at Kane's pace so he spent more time stopping and sniffing than actually walking. After grocery shopping, we walked around the outside as usual and then took the long way home along the green way.

Kane was really naughty and walked quite a way ahead without waiting for me, so I played a trick on him and hid behind a tree. He finally stopped and looked for me. A young woman actually walked past me, saw Kane and asked if I "know the dog". She looked a bit nervous, so I told her yes, but I was only playing a trick on him. Some people are scared of Kane



I've decided to add cooked brown rice to Kane's regular mixture of cooked pork mince, cabbage and carrot, with cut green beans added to the mix once it's cooked. Apparently, wild dogs and wolves eat the contents of their prey's stomach first, which usually contain grains and vegetable matter.

Tonight, Kane had raw lamb chops for dinner. The pork and vegetables are for dinner tomorrow and Sunday.

While I am away (until Monday), Emily will stay over and care for Kane.

No comments: