Saturday, March 15, 2008

a party at Kane's house!

Today was another very warm day again.

Kane and I walked to the shops mid-morning. He had good company at his seat where I leave him when I go inside. There was a family of classical buskers - a father and two children while the mother sat on the seat. Unlike another lady the other weekend, she did not have a problem sharing the space with Kane.

On the way to and from the shops, we stopped by the building site (block of apartments opposite the road) to see some landscaping being done. Last night, there was a high mound of soil. This morning, the dirt had been spread and some people were planting shrubs. Kane went up to say hello to the people, but did not offer to help them dig holes!

This evening, Therese came over with Jet. When they came to the door, Kane barked. The third bark that I have heard! Mind you, it was after I just about carried him to the front door. I have to remind Kane to take his guarding duties more seriously!

Jet so wanted to play, but while Kane likes Jet, he eventually became impatient. I gave both Kane and Jet each a smoked pig's ear. Kane chewed on his while Jet played with his. Eventually, Jet surrendered his ear to Kane, who also ate it.

Kane eats Jet's pig's ear while Jet looks on.




After all the evening's excitement, while Theresa and I drank wine and beer respectively, Kane didn't need another walk

No comments: