Saturday, March 22, 2008

a good Saturday

Today was a good day, which I think Kane enjoyed, even though I left him on two occasions to go in to the city.

We walked to the shops early today. After I had finished at the supermarket, I sat down on the seat with Kane and gave him some home-made liver jerky. A random guy came up to me and we had this strange conversation:

Stranger "Is he your dog?"
Me "No, I'm just kidnapping him"
Stranger "Really?"
Me "No, he is my dog"
Stranger "Will he bite me if I pat him?"
Me "Only if you hit me"

He then shook my hand to act friendly, then patted Kane. Mind you, he commented what a great dog Kane is. When Kane and I left him, an elderly man patted Kane and also said what a lovely dog he is.

We then walked around the outside of the shops and came across a Dobermann. At first he growled as Kane towered over him, but when we reached the lower level, the Dobermann started wagging his tail, so Kane and him said hello. In the end, the Dobermann actually wanted to play.

Kane always looks forward to me coming out of the shops






And here is a photo of Kane at home posing regally


Later this afternoon, Kane dropped a big hint about wanting to go on another walk. He did this by going to the door. We only walked around the block (not crossing any roads), including a visit to the house behind us, to say hello to Sofie the Great Dane.





Then we walked home the back way


After we turned the corner, Kane knows the way home, so I removed his collar and lead




No comments: